Tuesday 4 August 2015

Book Review : Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I have decided to do a mini post on my progress throughout the course of the BookTubeAThon happening this week, so enjoy! 
***
I kicked off the BookTubeAThon with Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, which is a book that I have been meaning to read for quite some time, especially since it has high ratings and mostly good feedback!

There will be spoilers, so disappear if you have not yet read this, so that I do not spoil any of it for you! Unless you're like my sister who loves knowing the plot before she reads anything, then stay :-)


Percy Jackson was a read that - because I had so many high hopes for, disappointed me slightly. Since it's a series I am giving this a chance and will make my decision after reading the second  book later this month. 

What I loved...
I loved the fact that the whole premise of this book was based on Greek Mythology - which I have recently become a fan of, as shown in my brief discussion on the book The Song of Achilles.
I loved that Riordan made the main characters inherit aspects of the parents personalities  whilst keeping true to a lot of these famous myths and legends. 

What I didn't love...
I didn't like the slow paced feel I had when reading this book and at times I got lost because I suddenly would feel bored, or lose track of the plot within the over board descriptions of everything - not all descriptions were unnecessary some were really interesting for example the description of the underworld.

Because of this I gave the book 3.7 stars out of 5!  (I must add that I feel like something is going on between Percy and Annabeth...)

Stay tuned for more little posts on my progress throughout this reading marathon!

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment