Wednesday 5 August 2015

Book Review : Somebody Nice by Raine O'Tierney

I read this novella as part of the challenge where you read a book by an author with the same first initial as your last name. Originally, I had chosen George Orwell's 1984..but sadly it hasn't yet arrived in the post and I was hoping to complete this challenge in chronological order...Therefore I decided to read a book by an author called 'Raine O'Tierney'.


As you may be able to tell from the cover, it is a LGBTQIA book, which was recommended to me by my sister. I didn't even bother to read the blurb (maybe I did), because I was too excited to see how LGBTQIA is represented in this novella as it is something that means a lot to me and a lot to many people I know.

It is a really quick read - only 80 pages I believe, and is currently free on kindle. I loved the story line, it was so cute and didn't drag on and the characters were so sweet...so I gave this book a 4.5 stars out of 5! 

I generally do not like reading novella's because they leave me with that feeling of needing more from the plot and the characters. I hope there is a sequel in the future with these characters? 

What I loved...
I loved how the author represented the bi and gay community in this book, and made the characters have different quirks that made you love them by the 20th page (probably less.).

What I didn't love...
I didn't like how short the story was, but then again I wouldn't mind it being this short as long as there is a sequel!

I was really happy with the way the author wrote about and presented these characters throughout - especially because they felt very real and not fiction-y at all. I will hopefully be posting a LGBTQIA post sometime soon, so stay tuned!

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes



No comments:

Post a Comment