Monday 10 August 2015

Book Review : Welcome to the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan

My last book for the BookTubeAThon was 'Welcome to the Shadowhunter Academy' which fit into the challenge of - read a book without letting go of it. I think the easiest way to do this challenge is to read an ebook that also happens to be short.

I wasn't going to read the ebook version of this book originally, because I wanted to wait for the actual paperback/hardback versions to come out, but I got impatient and decided to buy the ebook.


This is the first book in a series of short books based on the life of Simon Lewis from the TMI (The Mortal Instruments) series, and is set after the last book. I love everything that Cassie Clare writes, because she is a genius. Sarah Rees Brennan adds a lot of humour that I love - making it even more enjoyable. 
(Picture of the artist Míla Fürstová as well as Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan)

What I liked...
I loved everything about this book, as I do with all her other books. Specific things I loved was the real reaction to this 'new Simon' we get to see. I also loved Isabelle, she was hilarious.

What I did not like...
I can honestly say...that there was nothing that I didn't like, that book is perfection. (I look forward to the rest of this series.)

I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5!

Stay tuned for my BookTubeAThon wrap up, and an excuse as to why I only managed 4 books this week!

(Disclaimer: The pictures used in this post are not mine)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ She Who Writes






No comments:

Post a Comment