Saturday 17 October 2015

Book Review : Carry On By Rainbow Rowell


If you couldn't tell already from my 'Favourite Contemporary Authors post' I am in love with Rainbow Rowell. I love all of her books - some more than others (even though that isn't allowed, and you should love them equally but I am obsessed with Landline so I don't care if I show favouritism). If you have never read a Rainbow Rowell novel, then you must! IMMEDIATELY. 


You can find them at my two favourite book buying places by clicking here:


Now onto the review...*spoilers ahead*

Carry On By Rainbow Rowell


I have read all of Rainbow Rowells published books and I have loved every single one, but this has to be my favourite out of all of them - including Landline.

This is why I gave this book a rating of 5 stars out of 5!


What I loved about this book?
I loved everything about this book, but i'll name a few things that I specifically loved! I think many people share this opinion, but I am obsessed with Baz, he's hilarious and I think we'd get on if he were real....actually if he were real i'd be uncomfortable with the whole vampire thing for a while.

I also loved how contemporary-ish it felt. The reason I don't read many thrillers or even dystopian novels is because I hate when there is an overload of action. I prefer contemporary novels, so I was nervous to read this because I knew it was fantasy.

Since it felt more contemporary-like I enjoyed it a lot. I trust Rainbow anyway, I know she could probably make me love thrillers if she were to write one.

And I really hate thrillers.

What I disliked about this book? *spoilers alert*
I didn't like that Simon is stuck with the tail and wings permanently, I felt so frustrated for him! I also didn't like Agatha, she really annoyed me...but I don't hate her..she is probably likeable if you get to know her more (I think).

Because I basically loved everything in this book, the only thing I really didn't like was the humdrum, it scared me.

***
This was also pretty cool, I always looked forward to seeing the new drawings at each section!
Illustrated by Jim Tierney

Rainbow Rowell has done it again, she has written a book capable of relating to thousands of bookworms and turning others into permanent book lovers!

(Disclaimer: The Images used in this post are mine...not including the gif that I found hilarious! as well as the drawings - which are so goooddd)

Yours Faithfully,

~ She Who Writes

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I agree 100% with all of the above, basically everything I wrote down in my (handwritten) review! (Except maybe the humdrum thing...) My fave Rainbow Rowell book has to be Fangirl, I think :)

    ReplyDelete