Monday 25 July 2016

Book Review : Geek Girl 'Head Over Heels' by Holly Smale

Hi guys! This is a post on Holly Smales recent addition to the Geek Girl series, and what I thought of it!

For those that don't know, I love Holly Smale and her writing. She is one of my favourite authors and I always pick up her books as soon as they arrive in Waterstones.

So, it comes to know surprise that I loved this book so much, and why you should read this fabulous series!

I read this book as part of my Day 1 of the Book-Tube-A-Thon Challenge!

*** 

Author: Holly Smale
Publisher: Harper Collins 
Release Date: 7th April 2016
Book: Geek Girl 'Head Over Heels'
Genre: YA Contemporary, Middle Grade
Source: Waterstones
 (BEST PLACE ON EARTH)

Synopsis: 

Harriet Knows Many Facts: 
- 14 squirrels were once detained as spies
- Snakes and ladders and chess were both invented in the same country 
- Astronauts' hearts become rounder in space

And for once, Harriet knows exactly how her life should go. She's got it ALL mapped out. So when her friends seem less than happy, Harriet is determined to Make Things Happen. If only everyone else would stick to the script...

But is following the plan going to break hearts all over again for GEEK GIRL?

***

You can purchase this book from my 3 places:


What I liked? : I really love Jasper. He's a new character who just seems - from description, very attractive. I loved how thoughtful Harriet was throughout the book and the fact that her dad was a G, literally he let her do so many things. He's awesome. 

What I didn't like? : I didn't like the lack of mention of Nick, but it makes sense. I also really didn't like India's attitude towards Harriet, but I know that if I was in team JINTH I would probably react the same way as her. 

I therefore gave this book a rating of..

 4 stars out of 5! I liked it and would probably re read it. 


(Disclaimer: The images used in this post are not mine.)

Yours Faithfully, 

~ Literature and Tea 




No comments:

Post a Comment